SAP's Moya Watson insights from Web 2.0 expo 2009
I have yet to read this full series of posts from SAP’s Moya Watson from the Web 2.0 expo 2009 conference, but even in the first few paragraphs there are some gems. First off, here’s her entire series of posts from the conference:
- Web 2.0 expo 2009: Web comes to its senses
- Part 1: Sense of self
- Part 2: Sense of presence
- Part 3: Sense of place
- Part 4: Sense of governance
- Part 5: Sense of community
The entire series is a great read, but here’s just a couple quick gems:
If I had to choose one key message from the whole conference, it would be this:
- Start small, with a simple idea – then let it evolve
This quote speaks to (i) find something you’re really good at, and become REALLY good at that thing, and (ii) start basic, and evolve organically … and involve your community in helping you grow.
The second quote is classic:
- If your brand was a person, would you be friends with it?