Influence is the Future of Media – Ross Dawson
Media “futurist” Ross Dawson has been talking a lot about Influence lately – and Influence’s role in Media, Marketing, Social Organization, etc. He had a nice blog post titled Top blog posts of 2009: 8 Perspectives on Influence in December 2009 that listed his top blog posts on Influence during 2009.
There’s some interesting stuff here. Nothing really I haven’t specifically encountered before. But Dawson aggregates various Social Media related trends – across Media, the Economy, Social Media, Organizational structure and processes – under the broad category of Influence, and for me anyway, it produced some unique insights.
Here’s a list of some Dawson’s Influence-related posts over 2009 that caught my eye:
- “Influence is the future of media” – July 2009
- Will Influencism supplant Capitalism? The emergence of the influence economy – September 2009
- Five key trends in how influence is transforming society – August 2009
- What are the business models for influence and reputation – today and in the future? – August 2009
- Influence research: Duncan Watts and the debate on whether “influentials” really matter – August 2009
- Influence research: what are the real influence networks within Twitter and social media? – August 2009
Food for thought here.